Home > Archives > IJSRST184133
Design, Simulation and Analysis of Hairpin Filter using Defected Ground Structure
Authors(2) :-Apurva Misra, Manish Kumar
This paper describes a new structure to implement compact microstrip hairpin filter with the advancement of U-shaped defected ground structure. This proposed bandpass filter is designed, analysed and then simulated on the substrate having relative permittivity of 12.9. The overall simulation of the present work has been created on HFSS software. Proposed hairpin bandpass filter shows improved bandwidth and good return loss. The analysis of results indicates the return loss of -17.5dB at 4.2 GHz, -23.63dB at 4.8 GHz, and -17.9dB at 5.6 GHz, -16.03dB at 6.5GHz, -14.69dB at 7.3 GHz. and the insertion losses with U-shaped DGS are 0.6dB/0.09dB/0.13dB/0.23dB/0.94dB. The area is reduced by 16%.
Apurva Misra, Manish Kumar
Microstrip Hairpin Filter, Insertion loss, Return Loss, DGS.
- L. Singh, P.K. Singhal, “Design and analysis of hairpin line bandpass filter”, I.J.A.R.E.C.E., vol.2, issue2, pp. 228-230, Feb 2013.
- S.R. Gunjal, R.S. Pawase, R.P. Labade, “Design and analysis of microstrip hairpin bandpass filter for ISM band”, I.J.A.R.E.E.I.E., vol.5, no.6, pp.5529-5532, 2016.
- F. Darwis , D. Permana , “Design and simulation of 456 MHz Bandpass Filter for Radar system”, Proc. 6th National Radar Seminar and International Conference on Radar, Antenna, Microwave, Electronics and Telecommunications (ICRAMET), Bali, pp. 68-72, 2012.
- D. Guha, S. Biswas , M. Biswas, J.Y. Siddiqui and Y.M.M. Antar, “Concentric ring-shaped defected ground structures for microstrip applications”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol.10, pp.298-301 , 2011.
- J. Pie, A.G. Wang, S.Gao, and W.Leng, “Miniaturized triple-band antenna with a defected ground plane for WLAN/WiMAX applications”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 298-301, 2011.
- Y. Sung, “Bandwidth enhancement of a microstrip line-fed Printed wide-slot antenna with a parasitic center patch,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no.4, pp. 1712-1716, 2012.
- K.Bankey and A. Bhargava, Design of Compact Microstrip Hairpin MultiBandpass Filter, International Journal of Scientific Progress and Research(IJSPR), issue96, vol.34(2),pp66-69,2017.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 7 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 261-264
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184133
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Apurva Misra, Manish Kumar, "Design, Simulation and Analysis of Hairpin Filter using Defected Ground Structure ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 7, pp.261-264, March-April-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184133