Home > Archives > IJSRST184576
Performance Analysis of EEPB and BTSNA-DS Routing Protocol for MANET
Authors(2) :-R. Saraswathi, Dr. A. Subramani
Mobile Adhoc Networks (MANET) technology is used for communications during emergency situations like disaster management and military deployment, which donâ€™t have any fixed infrastructure. This has drawn much attention for research, due to its adhoc nature. New members can join and leave the network at any time. Due to this mobility nature of the Mobile Adhoc networks, the nodes state information changes frequently and finding a channel schedule for the nodes in the network becomes difficult. The channel bandwidth and battery lifetime are the two resources to be optimized to improve the performance of the Mobile Adhoc Networks and it is important to study the effect of different transmission power levels on the performance of the mobile adhoc networks. In recent years, it has received tremendous amount of attention from researchers, which led to the design and implementation of several routing protocols. In this paper, proposed a new routing algorithm named Binary Tree Structured based Network Approach using Depth Search (BTSNA-DS) for energy efficient path between sender and receiver using broadcast expenses controlling techniques. Finally, proposed BTSNA-DS algorithms provide a better performance compare to Energy Efficient Probabilistic Broadcasting (EEPB) Protocol and also increasing throughput and reducing transmission power with number of nodes, transmission range, and mobility is increased.
R. Saraswathi, Dr. A. Subramani
Broadcasting, Flooding, Transmission Power, Neighbour Coverage, Throughput.
- Naeem Ahmad, and S. Zeeshan Hussain, "Broadcast Expenses Controlling Techniques in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks: A Survey", Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences", Article in Press (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2015.08.004.
- Saraswathi, R. and Subramani, A., "Performance Analysis of Broadcast Based Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for MANET Using BTSNA-DS Algorithm" Proc. ICIRTCTA’18 Organized by School of Computing Sciences, Vels University, Chennai, Feb 08th & 09th, 2018.
- Saraswathi, R. and Subramani, A., "Broadcasting Based Energy Efficient Protocol to Enhance the Routing Performance in MANET Using BTSNA-DS Algorithm", International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Applications, Vol.6 Issue. 2, PP: 31-49, 2018.
- RagulRavi.Ra, and Jayanthi.V, "Energy Efficient Neighbor Coverage Protocol for Reducing Rebroadcast in MANET", Procedia Computer Science, Vol: 47, PP: 417-423, 2015.
- Huaqiang Xu, Lei Ju, and Zhiping Jia, "Enhance Internet Access Ability for Ad Hoc Network with On-Demand Gateway Broadcast Strategy", Int. J Wireless Inf. Networks, Vol: 22, PP: 415-427, 2015.
- Yosuke Totani, Kei Kobayashi, Keisuke Utsu, and Hiroshi Ishii, "An efficient broadcast-based information transfer method based on location data over MANET", J Super comput, Vol: 72, PP: 1422-1430, 2016.
- Ahyoung Lee, and Ilkyeun Ra, "Network resource efficient routing in mobile ad hoc wireless Networks", Telecommun Syst, Vol: 60, PP: 215-223, 2015.
- Abderezak Touzene, and Abdulsalam Alkathiri, "Performance analysis of an extended grid based broadcast algorithm in mobile ad-hoc networks", Wireless Netw, Vol: 21, PP: 659-672, 2015.
- Imran Ali Khan, Sajjad Ahmad Madani, Waqas Anwar and Khizar Hayat, "Location Based Dynamic Probabilistic Broadcasting for MANETs", World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol: 13, Iss: 11, PP: 2296-2305, 2011.
- Prabu, K., et.al, "Performance comparison of routing protocol in MANET’, Int. J. of Adv. Research in Com. Sci. and Soft Engg., Vol. 2, No. 9, pp.388-392, 2012.
- Hussain, S.Z., and Ahmad, N., "Cluster based controlling of route exploring packets in ad-hoc networks", Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics (Springer), Vol: 2, PP: 103-112, 2014.
- Hussain, S.Z., and Ahmad, N. "Minimizing Broadcast Expenses in Clustered Ad-hoc Networks", Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2016.05.001.
- Pu, I.M., and Shen, Y., "Analytical studies of energy-time efficiency of blocking expanding ring search", Math. Comput. Sci, Vol: 3, Iss: 4, PP: 443- 456, 2010.
- M. Bakhouya, J. Gaber, P. Lorenz. "Energy evaluation of AID protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol: 58, PP: 287-293, 2015.
- M. Bakhouya and J. Gaber. "Approaches for Engineering Adaptive Systems in Ubiquitous and Pervasive Environments", Journal of Reliable Intelligent Environments, Vol: 1, Iss: 2, PP: 75-86, 2015.
- Network Simulator NS-2.34, available via: http://www.isi.edu/nsnam.
- Prabu, K., et.al, "Energy efficient routing in MANET through edge node selection using ESPR algorithm", Int. J. Mobile Network Design and Innovation, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.166-175, 2014.
- Sumit Kumar, Shabana Mehfuz1 "Energy Efficient Probabilistic Broadcasting for Mobile Ad-Hoc Network", J. Inst. Eng. India Ser. B (Springer), 2016, DOI 10.1007/s40031-016-0265-1.
- R. Reka, R. S. D. Wahidabanu "Broadcasting Mechanism with Less Flooding Packets by Optimally Constructing Forwarding and Non-Forwarding Nodes in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering Vol:8, No:1, 2014.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 390-400
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184576
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
R. Saraswathi, Dr. A. Subramani, "Performance Analysis of EEPB and BTSNA-DS Routing Protocol for MANET ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.390-400, March-April-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184576