Home > Archives > NCAEAS2308
Adaptive Smart Antenna using Neural Network (SMI Algorithm)
Authors(5) :-Bhagyashri B. Hedau, Rupali S. Pardhi,Sanjeevani A. Hiradkar, Dhanshri S. Borkar, Prof. Sonia V. Hokam
Smart antenna systems are of great importance in wireless communications and RADAR applications ,They effectively enhance the system capacity and reduce the co-channel interference. Smart antenna is an array antenna that uses adaptive beam forming algorithms to steer the main beam towards the desired signal direction and reject the interfering signals of the same frequency from other direction without moving the antenna. This is achieved by continuously updating the weights of each radiating element (antenna). An algorithm with low complexity, low computation cost, high speed convergence rate and better performance is usually preferred. This paper introduces a new performance investigation and comparison between five different beam forming algorithms : Least Mean Square(LMS), Normalised Least Mean Square(NLMS),Sample Matrix Inversion(SMI),Recursive Least Square(RLS) and Hybrid Least Mean Square/ Sample Matrix Inversion (LMS/SMI). In this investigations, the number of array element and the displacement among them are changed in each algorithm is optimized and demonstrated using MATLAB software package.
Bhagyashri B. Hedau, Rupali S. Pardhi,Sanjeevani A. Hiradkar, Dhanshri S. Borkar, Prof. Sonia V. Hokam
MATLAB, LMS, NLMS, RADAR, CDMA, SMI
Widrow B et al. Adaptive antenna systems. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 1967; 42.5:1175–6.
- Widrow B, Mantey P, Griffiths L, et al. Adaptive Antenna Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE. 1967 Dec; 55.
- Burg JP. The Relationship between Maximum Entropy Spectra and Maximum Likelihood Spectra. Geophysics. 1972 Apr; 37:375–6.
- Monzingo, R., and T. Miller,Introduction to Adaptive Arrays, Wiley Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1980.
- Litva J, Kowk-Yeung Lo T. Digital Beam forming in Wireless Communications, Artech House, 1996.
- Godara L. Smart Antennas, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2004.
- Gross F. Smart Antennas for wireless communications.
- Jeffrey H. Reed “Software Radio” A modern approach to Radio engineering.
- Winters J. Smart Antenna Technique and their Application to Wireless Ad-hoc Network. IEEE Wireless Communication. 2006; 13(4).
- Shankar Kumar KR, Gunasekaran T. Performance Analysis of Adaptive Beam forming Algorithms for Microstrip Smart Antanna. International Journal of Computing Science and Communication Technologies. 2009 Jul; 2(1).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 27-29
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2308
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Bhagyashri B. Hedau, Rupali S. Pardhi,Sanjeevani A. Hiradkar, Dhanshri S. Borkar, Prof. Sonia V. Hokam, "Adaptive Smart Antenna using Neural Network (SMI Algorithm)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.27-29, January-February-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2308