Home > Archives > NCAEAS2333
RFID Based Smart Shopping Trolley with IR Sensor
Authors(5) :-Shivani Titarmare , Monali Thakre , Rasika Shingote, Sakshi Shukla, Vikram Deshmukh
Nowdays, people are getting too busy in their schedule but still they need to spend time on their basic need like purchasing goods and all stuffs from shopping market. In shopping malls, long queues for billing waste their time again. Thus to reduce the time consumption during shopping our system is introduced. In our trolley system we use RFID tags on products that one wants to buy, which are read by barcode scanner and the cost of that product is displays on the LCD screen attached to our system. As customer buy the next product its price is add on the previous amount. The cost of the product is given to microcontroller by using Zigbee communication from host PC. Zigbee supports bidirectional communication between microcontroller and host PC. Customer get direct bill at the billing section which is already stored at host PC which ultimately reduces queue.
Shivani Titarmare , Monali Thakre , Rasika Shingote, Sakshi Shukla, Vikram Deshmukh
Microcontroller AT89S52 , RFID Tags , Barcode Scanner , Liquid Crystal display.
- "ZBar bar code reader," http://zbar.sourceforge.net, retrieved: July 2, 2013].
- H.Karl and A.Willig, "Protocols and Architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks," Chichester, England, 2005.
- J.Awati and S.Awati, "Smart Trolley in Mega Mall," vol.2, Mar 2012.
- Longfei Shang guan, Zhenjiang Li, Zheng Yang, Mo Li, Yunhao Liu, Senior , and Jinsong Han, OTrack: Towards Order Tracking for Tags in Mobile RFID Systems, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 25, No. 8, August 2014.
- L. Xie, B. Sheng, C.C. Tan, H. Han, Q. Li, and D. Chen, ‘‘Efficient Tag Identification in Mobile RFID Systems,’’ in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, 2010, pp. 1-9.
- W. Sun and Y. Yuan, Optimization Theory and Methods: Nonlinear Programming, 1st ed., New York, NY, USA: Springer-Verlag, 2010.
- AeroAssist, "RFID in Aviation: airport luggage control," AeroAssist.pt, Jun. 2008.
- B. Sheng, C.C. Tan, Q. Li, and W. Mao, ‘‘Finding Popular Categories for RFID Tags,’’ in Proc. MobiHoc, 2008, pp. 159-168
- C.C. Tan, S. Bo, and Q. Li, ‘‘How to Monitor for Missing RFID Tags,’’ in Proc. ICDCS, 2008, pp 295-302.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 139-143
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2333
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shivani Titarmare , Monali Thakre , Rasika Shingote, Sakshi Shukla, Vikram Deshmukh, "RFID Based Smart Shopping Trolley with IR Sensor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.139-143, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2333