Home > Archives > NCAEAS2335
Calciamicus : Smart Shoes for Visually Impaired People
Authors(5) :-Prof. Muzaffar Khan, Shruti Chauhan, Sultan Ahmad, Pooja Thakre, Mayuri Raut
The purpose behind developing this project is to provide a cost effective solution to visually impaired people. Visually impaired people and blind people face many difficulties in independent mobility and navigation due to which they are unable to walk like normal people. Also their daily activities are hampered by their inability to adapt or accurate identification of their surroundings, which becomes the main reason of accidents, mishaps, falling off, getting lost in unknown areas etc. Our developed model will ensure the safety of visually impaired person by guiding him through areas whether known or unknown to him. This will be achieved through mini vibrators dedicated for each side of shoes, the Ultrasonic sensors (both on cap and shoe unit) used for Obstacle detection etc. The Microcontroller is the main control unit with Embedded Software design. The GPS (global positioning system) and GSM(global system for mobile communication) modules are also used to track the location of the blind person. These Smart Assistive Shoes would prove to be a new interface between the surrounding and the people who cannot see it.It will alert them of any kind of obstacle in their way and spot any small or big object without using their hands thus it would be surely a user friendly solution.
Prof. Muzaffar Khan, Shruti Chauhan, Sultan Ahmad, Pooja Thakre, Mayuri Raut
Smart Assistive Shoes,Visually Impaired People, Blindpeople, Navigation, Ultrasonic Sensors, Microcontroller.
- Sonda Ammar Bouhamed and Imene Khanfir kellel 2013. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications.(Vol.4,No.6).
- Jyant Sakhardande and Pratik Patnaik.”Smart cane assisted mobility for the visually impaired”.2012.International Journal of Computer,Electrical,Automation,Control and information engineering(Vol.6,No.10,2012.).
- Syed Tehzeeb Alam and Sonal Shrivastava.”Smart Assistive Device For Visually Impaired People”.International Journal Of Engineering Research and Technology(Vol.4 Issue 03,March-2015).ISSN:2278-0181.
- Srishti Thakur and Pankaj Sharma.”Smart Assistive Shoes for the Blind People”.international Jornal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication(Vol.4,Issue:9) ISSN:2321-8169 .
- Aarti Kulkarni and Hrishikesh Mulay.”Solemate:Smart assistive shoes for visually impaired people”.International Engineering Research General(IERJ)(VOL.2,ISSUE 1,2016),ISSN 2395-1621.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 148-153
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2335
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Prof. Muzaffar Khan, Shruti Chauhan, Sultan Ahmad, Pooja Thakre, Mayuri Raut, "Calciamicus : Smart Shoes for Visually Impaired People", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.148-153, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2335